Maryland Family Assistance Funds
Resolutions for Local Board
to Approve Fundraising Committee
The undersigned, being a member of the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of the ______ County Department of Social Services (the “DSS”), hereby attests that the Board duly approved the following resolutions at a meeting held on __________ ___, _____:
WHEREAS, the Maryland Association of Social Services Boards (“MASSB”) has established the MASSB Foundation in order to enable local DSS Boards to collect tax-deductible contributions for tax exempt purposes; and
WHEREAS, the Board desires to authorize a program under which the Board will engage in raising funds for deposit in the MASSB Foundation;
NOW THEREFORE, the Board of Directors for the _____ County Department of Social Services hereby authorizes and directs that --
1. The Board shall establish a Fundraising Committee consisting of the following Board members who shall serve at the pleasure of the Board: _________________, _____________, and _________________.
2. The fund for which contributions should be directed shall be known as the ___________________Fund (e.g., Harford Co. Family Assistance Fund).
3. Any withdrawal request that our Board sends to the MASSB Foundation must be signed by one [OR two] of the above-named Board members.
4. All correspondence to be sent to our Board with respect to the MASSB Foundation should be sent to:
_________ County Department of Social Services
<City, State, Zip>
5. Email addresses for all who should receive reports: _____________@_____.___;
_____________@_____.___ ; and _____________@_____.___.
EXECUTED this ____ day of ________________, ____.
Printed Name: ___________________ Witnessed by:
Signature: _______________________ Printed Name: _________________
Title with Board: _________________ Title with Board: _______________