FUNDRAISING - FROM DONATING, TO IDEAS, TO EVENTS!
>>> See Donation History for an indication of our growth since 2007.
To donate to the MASSB Foundation's general account, use the following link - and send Mark Poerio, Trustee, an email to identify the particular county fund to which your donation should be credited:
The trustees of the MASSB Foundation are available to meet with local DSS boards, and will serve as a conduit for information sharing about projects. Local boards should contact Mark Poerio for information about fundraising activities that are allowable under applicable tax laws.
United Way: Combined Federal Campaign and Maryland Charities
2015.10.30 PowerPoint describing application process -- see this Maryland Charities and CFC Presentation from the Oct. 2015 MASSB Conference (thanks to Chris Cummings of Calvert Family Advocates).
2014.09.02 Combined Federal Campaign - Chesapeake Bay Area. Here is our MASSB Foundation listing as of 9/2/2014:
Financial Coordination between MASSB Foundation and Local Fundraising Committee
For a past fundraiser, the flow of contributions and expense reimbursements generally proceeded as follows, with this approach seeming to be suitable for other events:
1. Local board approved an expense budget for the event, and sent MASSB Foundation a withdrawal request that itemized the expected expenses and requested an advance disbursement for the total amount.
2. The local board deposited the $from MASSB Foundation into a DSS lay funds account, and paid reimbursements from that account.
3. The local board sent MASSB Foundation all checks for donations, for deposit to its account -- using this form.
4. When event was done, the local board sent MASSB Foundation both --
* a certification that the advanced funds had been fully and properly disbursed; and
* a withdrawal request for additional itemized funds to be reimbursed to cover event expenses.
5. The local DSS received the MASSB disbursement and then made the reimbursement payments.
Overall, this enabled MASSB Foundation to proceed efficiently by issuing two reimbursement checks, by tracking proper expenditure, and by making ongoing deposits.